Homeshare International is a UK Charity set up in 1999 to encourage the development of new homeshare programs around the world and to forge links between them. The international homeshare movement has grown from this initiative.
Homeshare International’s aims are to:
- develop a learning community of homeshare practitioners, enabling them to share information and working tools
- support and encourage good practice
- raise awareness of homeshare and its potential among policy makers
- foster new programs and local networks in all parts of the globe
- encourage research on the contribution that homeshare can make
- raise awareness of the benefits of homeshare among potential householders and homesharers.
Homeshare International has run three biennial congresses so far. The first was in Paris in 2009, the second in Cologne in 2011 and the third in Oxford in2013. Each time the meetings have been growing both in numbers attending but more importantly in numbers of countries showing an interest to learn about homeshare and its developments.
HANZA has attended all the Congresses so far, being represented by founder Carmel Hurst OAM and Beris Campbell OAM, the first Victorian Homeshare program manager. Beris is also a Trustee on the Homeshare International board and HANZA is a member of the Homeshare International Network.
Homeshare International is run by a Board of Trustees with support from a group of international advisers.
President: Professor Malcolm Johnson, UK
Vice-President: Anne-Lotte Kreickemeier, Germany
Chair: Rhian Bradley, UK (from January 2014)
Hon Director: Elizabeth Mills OBE, UK
Hon Treasurer: Cyril Wood, UK
Beris Campbell OAM, Australia
Kirby Dunn, USA
Alain de Penfentenyo, France
Jeremy Porteus, UK
Alan Hatton-Yeo, UK
Hilary Todd, UK
Alex Fox, Shared Lives Plus, UK, Carmel Hurst, HANZA, Australia, Angelo Mussoni, AltreStrade Social Cooperative, Padua, Italy, Typhaine de Penfentenyo, ensemble2générations, France, Rebecca Sheppard, National Shared Housing Resource Center, USA.
More information on Homeshare International can be found via their website.